|Guest Bedroom in Manhattan Beach|
Chances are that either you will have some guests during the Holiday season or you may be a guest in someone else's home.
Here's some ideas to make guests comfortable and we'll skip cleaning out everything you've been storing the guest room since your last visitors left.
1) Make it easy for your guests to charge their phones, tablets, and laptops. Generic docking stations or strategically placed power strips go a long way.
2) You guests may not have brought their bedroom slippers. If you have wood floors, put down a nice throw rug.
3) I'm not the only one who likes midnight snacks. Well actually 1 AM for me. Leave some munchies out in the kitchen and let them know they can help themselves. You can even ask them in advance what they like to snack on or maybe leave some water in a carafe.
4) Adequate window coverings. Your guests may be coming from a different time zone and not want to get up at the crack of dawn local time.
5) Make it easy to turn lights on and off. If you don't have nightstands maybe bedside sconces. Also make sure the hallways are well lit, use night lights. Your guests may not know where they are when they wake up.
6) Pillows, pillows and more pillows. And leave some extra blankets. Everyone is different and likes to sleep at different heating/cooling levels. Speaking of which, if you keep your home very cool at night you may want to leave a space heater in the guest room.
7) Even if they are in a nearby guest bath, you want to leave an adequate supply of tissues.
8) If you have the space, put an armchair in the guest room. Maybe some local reading material as well for their amusement while their phone is charging. Digs magazine is one of my favorites!